Prep 30 mins
Cook 96 hrs
Mousse is made with rich whipping cream and different kinds of fruits or chocolates. I haven't tried this one yet, but it looks SO good, I just had to post it!
- 3 ripe mangoes, seeded peeled, and chunked (should be 3 cups)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1 cup whipping cream (liquid)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1⁄4 cup coconut, toasted* (see note at bottom of recipe on how to toast)
- Chill a medium mixing bowl and beaters of an electric mixer.
- Puree 2 cups of the cut up mango in a food processor until smooth, you should have 1 cup of puree and one cut up mango left over; set aside.
- In a saucepan combine sugar and gelatin. Stir in 1/4 cup cold water; cook and stir over low heat just until gelatin dissolves. Remove from heat and stir in the 1 cup mango puree; cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, in the chilled bowl beat the whipping cream and coconut extract on low speed until soft peaks form (when you lift the beaters out of the cream, tips should curl). Fold mango mixture into whipped cream. Chill until mixture mounds when spooned. (not too long).
- Divide mixture into 6 serving bowls; top with remaining cut up mango and sprinkle toasted coconut over all. Cover and chill for 4 hours or until set.
- *NOTE: To toast coconut, spread in a single layer on a shallow baking pan. Bake at 350°F for 5 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown, watching carefully and stirring once or twice to prevent burning.