Recipe by Sue Lau
Top Review by Irmgard
This pie is absolutely delicious! I used 3/8 cup of sugar instead of Splenda and added some dried mint to the mixture, which really added to the finished product. Next time I would like to try making it with real rum instead of rum extract as I couldn't really taste the rum flavour.
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda granular
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rum extract
- 2 ripe mangoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 (6 ounce) reduced fat graham cracker crust
- mint sprig (optional)
- mango, slices (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle gelatin over milk in a small saucepan; let stand 1 minute. Cook over low heat, stirring until gelatin dissolves (about 2 minutes). Set aside.
- Beat cream cheese and Splenda granular at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Gradually add sour cream, lime juice, lime peel and rum extract, beating until smooth.
- Gradually add gelatin mixture, beating until blended.
- Chill 30 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken, stirring frequently.
- Stir mango into gelatin mixture; spoon into pie crust.
- Chill 2 hours or until set.
- Garnish with mint sprigs and mango slices.