Recipe by MarielC
This looks like an easier version of something I've tried before. I'm sure you could use canned or frozen mango if you don't have fresh. Cooking time does not include chilling time.
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 medium mango, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray 1-quart mold or six to eight 6-ounce ramekins with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In large metal bowl, sprinkle gelatin over cold water. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium saucepan, combine milk, condensed milk, mango and cinnamon stick. Bring to a simmer, stirring often. Reduce heat. Simmer 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Stir 1/4 cup of the milk mixture into gelatin to liquefy. Add remaining milk mixture. Stir 2 minutes until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Place bowl in ice bath for 15 minutes, stirring often, until gelatin begins to thicken. Remove cinnamon stick and stir in vanilla. Pour gelatin into prepared dish(es); chill 4 hours or until firm.
- To unmold, run knife around edge of gelatin and dip bottom of dish(es) into hot water for 15 seconds. Invert serving plate on top of gelatin and flip. Tap until gelatin comes out.