Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This fabulous fruity sorbet makes a mouth-watering and refreshing finish to any meal. Time does not include freezing.
- 8 ounces sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 mangoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1 melon, halved and seeded
- 1 orange, juice and zest of
- Combine the sugar and water together in a small saucepan and bring to the boil. Remove from the heat and place syrup in freezer to cool quickly while you prepare the fruit.
- Puree the mango chunks in a food processor and set aside.
- Puree the melon in the same way.
- Blend mango and melon purees together in a bowl. Stir in chilled sugar syrup, orange zest and juice and place in refrigerator until well chilled, about 30 minutes.
- Pour into a shallow tray and place in the freezer. When the sorbet begins to freeze around the edges, stir well. Continue stirring every hour for 2 or 3 hours, until the mixture has frozen solid.
- Cover, and let the sorbet continue to freeze overnight.
- Let the sorbet stand at room temperature to soften slightly before serving.
I seem to have been on a mango kick this past week, but that's fine with me ~ This sorbet is a GREAT TASTING SUMMER DESSERT, & well worth making again & again! I had a very sweet honeydew that I used for this recipe & that, along with the mango & orange, made for a wonderful dessert! Thanks for this keeper! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Bargain Basement (Cooking) Game]