This fabulous fruity sorbet makes a mouth-watering and refreshing finish to any meal. Time does not include freezing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the sugar and water together in a small saucepan and bring to the boil. Remove from the heat and place syrup in freezer to cool quickly while you prepare the fruit.
- 2Puree the mango chunks in a food processor and set aside.
- 3Puree the melon in the same way.
- 4Blend mango and melon purees together in a bowl. Stir in chilled sugar syrup, orange zest and juice and place in refrigerator until well chilled, about 30 minutes.
- 5Pour into a shallow tray and place in the freezer. When the sorbet begins to freeze around the edges, stir well. Continue stirring every hour for 2 or 3 hours, until the mixture has frozen solid.
- 6Cover, and let the sorbet continue to freeze overnight.
- 7Let the sorbet stand at room temperature to soften slightly before serving.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mango & Melon Sorbet
Serving Size: 1 (271 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 395.6
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 100.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 91.0 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: