This is yet another low sodium recipe from The No Salt Cookbook. Super yummy and perfect for the summer months when the melons are sweet and juicy! This is a great salad for a bridal shower, baby shower or even a ladies luncheon. Their original recipe calls for 1 tsp sesame oil an 1 tsp olive oil, but I find that the sesame oil overpowers all the flavors.
For the salad
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 mangoes, peeled, flesh cut off the seed, then diced
- 12 honeydew balls
- 12 cantaloupe balls
- 4 leaves radicchio (to garnish)
For the Vinaigrette
- 1 mango, peeled seeded and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- Poach the chicken breasts in water for 20-30 minutes until cooked through. Let them cool and then cut them into bite-sized pieces.
- To prepare the vinaigrette, place the roughly chopped mango into a blender and blend until smooth. Then add the vinegar, oils and wine; blend until incorporated. Taste and add a tad of honey to sweeten if you like. Place in refrigerator to chill.
- Toss together the chicken, diced mango and melon balls (you can cut each melon ball in half if you like).
- When dressing is chilled, pour it over the salad and toss. Garnish each serving with a leaf of radicchio.