1 hr 5 mins
Entered for Safe-keeping, these are very Cinco de Mayo festive. From woman's World 8/2/10. Cooling time was excluded from preparation time; estimate total elapsed time to be 2 hours, 5 minutes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 mangoes, peeled, pitted
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 3 1/2 ounces mango baby food (1/3 cup)
- 2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line 12 muffin cups with cupcake lines.
- 2Dice mango; reserve.
- 3Combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- 4On medium speed, beat granulated sugar and 1/2 cup butter until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes.
- 5Add eggs and mango baby food; beat until blended.
- 6On low speed, gradually beat in flour mixture.
- 7Stir in diced mango and 1 teaspoon lime zest.
- 8Divide batter among liners. Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into centers comes out clean.
- 9Cool 10 minutes. Transfer from pan to rack; cool completely.
- 11On medium speed, beat remaining 1 cup butter until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- 12On low speed, gradually beat in confectioners' sugar.
- 13Beat in milk and remaining 1 teaspoon lime zest; beat on medium speed until fluffy.
- 14If desired, transfer frosting to pastry bag fitted with medium round tip; pipe or spread frosting on cupcakes.
- 15Cut remaining 1/2 mango into small thin wedges.
- 16If desired, sprinkle cupcake edges with green sugar. Garnish with mango, lime and cocktail umbrellas, if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mango Margarita Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 471.8
- Calories from Fat 218
- Total Fat 24.2 g
- Saturated Fat 14.9 g
- Cholesterol 92.5 mg
- Sodium 296.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 51.8 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: