Recipe by Scafire-Jen
This recipe came from 'Giada at Home' and is wonderful as a brunch drink. Or maybe a little later in the day :)
Top Review by Muffin Goddess
Oh boy, these were strong! I really enjoyed the slushy mango part of these, but I definitely needed to cut back on the amount of tequila for me to be able to drink a whole one. That being said, I'm not much of a drinker, so I can see someone who can handle their tequila better really enjoying these to the fullest. I didn't have any fresh mangoes, so I subbed in some Goya frozen mango puree instead. I'll definitely do these again this summer, but I'll probably put half the amount of tequila in to suit my alco-weenie tastebuds. Thanks for posting! Made for PAC Spring 2013
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- of fresh mint
- 1 1⁄2 lbs frozen mango chunks
- 1 1⁄2 cups tequila
- 1 cup ice
Directions See How It's Made
- Make a simple syrup by bringing the sugar and water to a boil. Let it boil for about 1 minute, and then take it off the burner and add the mint leaves letting them steep until the mixture comes to room temperature.
- Pour syrup into blender through a sieve to extract mint leaves.
- Add mangoes, tequila, and ice.
- Blend thoroughly and enjoy!