Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my favorite flavored margarita. It is a beautiful color and really is quite delicious. This uses mango nectar not watered down mango juice - you can find it in your Hispanic section of the grocery store if it is not in the juice section. We drink them all the time during the summer. Use the best quality tequila you can afford.... you will thank me later.
- sugar, for rim (optional)
- 1⁄2 lime, quarters
- 1⁄2 cup tequila, good quality
- 1 ounce triple sec or 1 ounce Cointreau liqueur or 1 ounce Grand Marnier
- 2⁄3 cup mango nectar
- 3⁄4 cup partially frozen mango (prefer individual quick frozen or fresh) (optional)
- 2 ounces simple syrup or 2 ounces sour mix
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 cup ice cube
- lime, slices garnish
- Rim margarita, hurricane-style glass or cocktail glasses with sugar, if inclined.
- Blend all ingredients in a blender or food processor if using fresh or frozen mango. Otherwise, pour into cocktail shaker and shake.
- Strain into glasses. Squeeze juice from 1 lime quarter into each drink and garnish glass with lime slice.
These are simply the BEST frozen mango margaritas! If you have a margarita machine to make them in, they are even better! Wouldn't change a thing!
Delicious! I used Goya frozen pulp and Goya mango nectar in a can. I didn't use the simple syrup. It was very tasty. I blended it in my Nutribullet.
I love this recipe! I used triple sec, simply syrup and fresh mangoes and it turned out absolutely delicious! Thank you for this recipe.