Recipe by Wolfwings2002
This is a fruity, sweet and sour sauce, that should complement chicken or pork on the BBQ or in your roaster. Because of its natural sugars, it should be applied in the last few minutes of cooking as it will burn quickly.
- 1 onion (Large, Finely Chopped)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 cups mango nectar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt substitute
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 3 garlic cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor place onion oil and dry ingredients.
- Process till almost liquid.
- Cook onion, red pepper in oil, stirring frequently, until onion is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Heat to boiling, reduce heat to low.
- Simmer uncovered, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sauce reaches desired consistency.
- * Use a medium density Nectar or substitute 2 fresh Mangoes processed in blender or food processor till smooth.
- ** substitute small handfull of raisins for Liquid Smoke, if desired.