Recipe by gailanng
Oh my, is this delicious! Oh, did you know that mangoes are native to southeast Asia and India. They are, also, proportedly the most widely consumed fresh fruit in the world and Mexico is the largest exporter of mangoes in the world.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped salted macadamia nut
- 1 large mango, peeled and diced
- 1⁄4 cup light rum
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream or 1 cup frozen yogurt, divided
- 1 small mango, peeled and sliced (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a medium skillet. Add macadamia nuts; saute about 2 minutes or until golden brown. Add mango; saute 2 to 3 minutes or until the fruit is pulpy. Pour in rum; cook for 1 minute over high heat to reduce the rum by half. Stir in coconut.
- To serve, spoon half the ice cream or yogurt into each of 2 daiquiri or martini glasses. Spoon half the mango-macadamia nut mixture over each serving. Garnish each glass with a few mango slices.