Recipe by Cynna
A fabulous-sounding recipe I found whilst traversing the internet and just had to share. Recipe credited to "The Scent of Green Banana's" Blog.
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 2 large mangoes, flesh of, roughly chopped
- 1 cup chopped toasted macadamias
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375°F
- Sift dry ingredients (except sugar) together in a large bowl.
- Add sugar and stir.
- Beat together the eggs, vanilla extract, melted butter and buttermilk in another bowl.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the egg mixture, stirring through with a fork until it is a lumpy paste.
- Don't overmix. Fold in the fruit.
- Mix the topping ingredients together.
- Grease the muffin pan and spoon in the mixture until 3/4ths full.
- Top with a generous dollop of the macadamia sugar mix.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes in a regular muffin pan or until the centers cook through.
- Cool on a wire rack.