Recipe by Nana Lee
Found this while looking for recipes using mango juice. These are really easy as they use frozon bread dough. You can even make them the night before and bake them in the morning.
Top Review by brittanydear
These turned out nicely. The taste of the butter/caramel sauce is divine!!! Too bad it does not come through as much with all the dough, but still, it is yummy. Next time I might reserve some macadamia nuts to sprinkle on top separately. I will say the mango flavor is not too dominant, but they were loved by old and young alike. Will certainly make again. THANKS!
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 cup softened butter, divided
- 1 large ripe mango, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1 loaf frozen bread dough, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Oven at 350ºF.
- Uses 9 x 13 pan.
- Stir together brown sugar, cinnamon and allspice in a small bowl.
- Place 1 cup mixture in a medium saucepan with 6 tablespoons butter.
- Cook over low heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in mango and cook for a few minutes more until brown sugar is dissolved.
- Spread in the bottom of baking pan and sprinkle with nuts; set aside.
- Roll thawed dough into a 12 X 12-inch square on a lightly floured board and spread with remaining 2 tablespoons butter.
- Spread remaining brown sugar mixture over butter and press into dough.
- Roll up tightly and pinch seams to seal.
- Cut dough into 1-inch slices(I use dental floss to cut).
- Place in prepared baking dish; cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Let stand for 5 minutes, then invert onto a serving platter.
- Make ahead tip:
- Cover uncooked rolls and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour before baking.