Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is from the Christmas edition of Delicious. A Bill Granger recipe.
- 40 lychees, peeled, seeds removed
- 4 mangoes, cheeks scored
- 1⁄4 cup mint leaf, torn
- 125 ml passion fruit pulp (1/2 cup or 5 black passionfruit)
- 2 oranges, juice of, strained
- 1 lemon, juice of, strained
- 165 ml caster sugar (3/4 cup)
- For the syrup, pulse the passionfruit briefly in a food processor to loosen the seeds. If you have plastic blades us them so you don't cut the seeds.
- Transfer to a pan with remaining ingredients and stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until syrupy. Cool completely.
- Place lychees and mango on a platter. Scatter with mint and drizzle with the passionfruit syrup. Serve immediately.