Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe was found on the melindalee.com website. It goes great with Grilled Rum-Soaked Shrimp.
Make and share this Mango Lime Relish (Cuba -- Caribbean Islands) recipe from Food.com.
- 3 mangoes, ripe
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded
- 1 small red onion
- 1 cup pineapple juice, canned
- 2 limes, juice of (about 4 tablespoons)
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cilantro leaf, chopped fine
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper, to taste
- Peel mangoes & using a sharp knife, slice the fruit away from the central pit, before dicing the mango fruit, as well as the red & green bell peppers & the onion, then set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients, mixing lightly, then adding the diced fruit & vegetables, stirring well to blend.
- Keep covered, in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.