Recipe by HeatherFeather
An unusual jam combination if you are looking for something different. PLEASE NOTE: This is NOT shelf stable jam - once sealed in jars, it must be stored in the refrigerator or freezer. Adapted from Cooking Pleasures magazine.
Top Review by OlivierYUL
I just tried this receipe and my only deception is that I didn't make more! Seriously: this is a delight! An instant classic for me!!! And don't forget the lime: it's the magic ingredient
A real hit!
- 4 cups ripe mangoes, peeled and coarsely chopped (about 3 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime zest, finely grated
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons powdered fruit pectin
- 3 cups sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine mangoes, lime zest, lime juice, lemon juice, and pectin in a large stockpot.
- Mash, using a potato masher until well blended.
- It can be a little chunky, but really try to crush everything together well.
- Cook over HIGH heat 4-5 minutes, or until the mixture come to a rolling boil, stirring the entire time.
- When jam is boiling and you can't stir it down, gradually add sugar- stirring the whole time.
- Return to a full boil over high heat and cook 2 minutes exactly, sitrring occasionally.
- Remove from heat.
- Ladle into hot, sterilized canning jars and seal with hot, sterilized canning lids.
- Flip upside down and let rest 5 minutes on their lids.
- Return to upright position and let cool.
- Store in refrigerator,unopened,up to 6 months or in freezer.
- Once opened, use up in several weeks.