An unusual jam combination if you are looking for something different. PLEASE NOTE: This is NOT shelf stable jam - once sealed in jars, it must be stored in the refrigerator or freezer. Adapted from Cooking Pleasures magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine mangoes, lime zest, lime juice, lemon juice, and pectin in a large stockpot.
- 2Mash, using a potato masher until well blended.
- 3It can be a little chunky, but really try to crush everything together well.
- 4Cook over HIGH heat 4-5 minutes, or until the mixture come to a rolling boil, stirring the entire time.
- 5When jam is boiling and you can't stir it down, gradually add sugar- stirring the whole time.
- 6Return to a full boil over high heat and cook 2 minutes exactly, sitrring occasionally.
- 7Remove from heat.
- 8Ladle into hot, sterilized canning jars and seal with hot, sterilized canning lids.
- 9Flip upside down and let rest 5 minutes on their lids.
- 10Return to upright position and let cool.
- 11Store in refrigerator,unopened,up to 6 months or in freezer.
- 12Once opened, use up in several weeks.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mango Lime Refrigerator Jam
Serving Size: 1 (1325 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 546.8
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 140.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 138.0 g
- Protein 1.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
powdered fruit pectin