Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A wonderful way to get your mango lassi in a pop! Adapted from the cookbook Summer Bicknell of Locopops.
- 1 mango
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice concentrate (optonal)
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain yogurt (or use vanilla or other flavored yogurt like lemon)
- 2 -3 teaspoons sugar (to taste)
- Peel mango and cut fruit away from pit. Discard pit. Puree mango flesh in food processor or blender with orange juice concentrate. In a bowl, stir yogurt until smooth and creamy (no lumps). Add sugar and pureed mango mixture and stir to blend thoroughly. Taste for sweetness. If it tastes perfect before freezing, add a pinch or two more sugar; flavors tend to diminish when frozen.
- Pour into pop molds and freeze at least 8 hours. To extract, run hot water over bottom and sides of pop mold for 5 seconds. Repeat for 5 seconds if needed. Serve immediately.
- Variations: Try fresh blueberries or strawberries instead. Generally, you need only ½ cup of fruit puree to 12 ounces yogurt. Just remember to taste for sweetness, as fruits vary. Makes 6 (6-ounce) pops.
Very good, certainly easy and healthy. One thing I realized after making it that 1/2 cup of cut up mango is not the same as 1/2 cup of fruit pureed. Alas I erred yet again. Next time I will measure the pureed fruit. I used 1 tablespoon of sugar. We had this with Thai Sticky Rice With Nam Pla and Coconut Milk and Goan Beef Curry for ZWT#6. Thanks Sharon for sharing.
Excellent! We made this without the orange juice concentrate, and kept adding sugar until we reached 5 teaspoons. The sweetness of the pops was just right. Thanks for the awesome recipe and detailed instructions!
Delicious! I used just over 1/2 of mango puree because it's pretty much impossible to get decent fresh mangoes where I live, but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. The texture was creamier than most popsicle recipes I've made before, which was very nice.