Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Lassi is an Indian drink, very refreshing on a hot day. Great cooling accompaniment to any curry. This recipe works just as well with strawberries, raspberries and peeled peaches or nectarines as long as they are really ripe.
- 1 large ripe mango
- 10 fluid ounces low-fat yogurt
- 1 ounce granulated sugar (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 pint ice cube
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 pint soda water or 1⁄2 pint carbonated mineral water, chilled
- Peel the mango and cut the flesh from the central stone. Place mango flesh in blender together with ice, sugar, salt and yoghurt.
- Blitz until smooth.
- Pour into glasses and top up with chilled soda water.
I assume soda water is seltzer water. I did not like this recipe. Very sour blah blah tasting.
This tasted delicious, a great balance of sweet and tart. I added a teaspoon of lemon juice, and I think that improved the overall taste.
This is very similar to the mangoe lassi I had at Indian restaurants. I won't recommend using canned mangoes. Fresh ripped mangoes provide better taste than canned mangoes.