Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Mango kerabu is a spicy sweet salad which is a speciality of the northern eastern side of Malaysia. This kind of salad is very popular across the border in Thailand.
- 2 large ripe mangoes, peeled
- 10 mint leaves, chopped coarsely
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped coarsely
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sambal oelek (chili sauce)
- Dice mangoes and combine with other ingredients.
- Mix well and serve chilled or room temperature.
This was deLISH! I was looking for something healthy to snack on, and just happened to have 2 mangoes in the fridge and cilantro and mint growing in my herb garden outside. I didn't have sambal oelek, so I used a squirt of sriracha instead. This is definitely one of my faves now.
This set me withering and wriggling...and to think it was consensual.
Love this recipe! I've made it twice and used red ground pepper - just a pinch - in substitue for the sambal oelek. What great flavor!