Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
The jalapeno gives a bit of kick to your morning routine. Or it gives you a spicy touch when using it with meat.
- 7 ounces jalapeno chile, chopped (with or without seeds, you choose the heat)
- 6 cups mangoes, ripe peeled and diced
- 3⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 3⁄4 ounces pectin (powdered for lower sugar recipes)
- 4 cups sugar
- place chiles, manoes and lemon juice in a pot.
- Combine pectin with 1/4 cup sugar in a small bowl. Add to fruit.
- Bring to a full boil, one that cannot be stirred down, stirring occasionally.
- Add the rest of the sugar and return to boil for one more minute.
- Remove from heat. Remove any foam.
- Ladle into hot prepared jars, leaving 1/4 inch at the top. Wipe and process in hot water bath using good canning procedures.