Recipe by Epi Curious
Plan ahead...this dish needs to be refrigerated overnight. From the Florida Bed & Breakfast Cookbook by Becky Lejeune, published in a recent issue of Florida Table magazine.
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 6 ounces marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1⁄2 cup ham, cubed
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon herbes de provence
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sage, fresh, chopped
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups French bread, cubed (in tiny pieces)
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs and half and half together in a large bowl. chop artichoke hearts and add to egg mixture. Stir in garlic, ham, salt, pepper, Herbes de Provence, sage and Parmesan. Crumble in the goat cheese. Press bread crumbs into mixgture; cover and refrigerate overnight.
- The following morning, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pour mixture into buttered quiche pan and bake 40 to 45 minutes, until center is firm and knife comes out clean. Cut and serve.