Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Creamy fragrant jasmine rice. Serve this with something really spicy for a lovely cool-down.
Make and share this Mango Infused Jasmine Rice recipe from Food.com.
- Peel and core mangoes.
- Dice 1 mango into 1/4-inch cubes and set aside.
- Puree the other mango in a food processor with sugar and set aside.
- Place water and 1 cup coconut milk in pan with rice.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- When the rice reaches a boil, stir it one last time.
- DO NOT stir again.
- Place a clean dish towel between pot and lid, laying excess toweling on top of lid. (wrap lid in towel).
- Wrapping the lid in the towel will catch the condensation that accumulates on the underside of the lid and drips back down into the rice.
- This will give you nice, fluffy rice that separates easily.
- Turn the heat down to Low and cook for 20-25 minutes, until ALL of the liquid has absorbed.
- DON'T lift that lid until the 20 minute mark has passed.
- Stir in pureed mango.
- Remove from stove.
- Stir in diced mangoes and served garnished with the toasted black sesame seeds.
My whole family enjoyed this - it went great with peanut butter bbq chicken. The sweet rice went well with the spice of the chicken.
mmmmmmm! this is some yummy rice. unfortunately, i decided last minute to make it and could only find 1 ripe mango. i substituted mango nectar(i forget how much exactly but i think it was around 3/4-1 cup) for the pureed mango, sugar and some of the water and it came out really nicely. i'll definitely make this again so i can see if using all fresh mango makes a difference.
Great flavor. The towel trick worked well. My guests loved it and asked for the recipe.