Kay Demonbren's Note:
Creamy fragrant jasmine rice. Serve this with something really spicy for a lovely cool-down.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and core mangoes.
- 2Dice 1 mango into 1/4-inch cubes and set aside.
- 3Puree the other mango in a food processor with sugar and set aside.
- 4Place water and 1 cup coconut milk in pan with rice.
- 5Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- 6When the rice reaches a boil, stir it one last time.
- 7DO NOT stir again.
- 8Place a clean dish towel between pot and lid, laying excess toweling on top of lid. (wrap lid in towel).
- 9Wrapping the lid in the towel will catch the condensation that accumulates on the underside of the lid and drips back down into the rice.
- 10This will give you nice, fluffy rice that separates easily.
- 11Turn the heat down to Low and cook for 20-25 minutes, until ALL of the liquid has absorbed.
- 12DON'T lift that lid until the 20 minute mark has passed.
- 13Stir in pureed mango.
- 14Remove from stove.
- 15Stir in diced mangoes and served garnished with the toasted black sesame seeds.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mango Infused Jasmine Rice
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 285.7
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 20.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 15.7 g
- Protein 4.2 g