Recipe by Girl from India
This is a lovely handmade ice cream which has very unique taste. I guess you can make it in a ice cream maker too. But I do not have one and make ice creams manually. Freezing time not included.
- 3 mangoes, peeled (I use alphonso)
- 420 ml thick coconut cream
- 4 tablespoons custard powder
- 280 ml fresh cream
- 8 tablespoons sugar
- roasted sliced almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl dissolve the custard powder in 2 to 3 tablespoons of cold water.
- Bring the coconut cream to a boil in a heavy bottomed pan.
- Now add the dissolved custard powder and stir till the mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Take off the fire and cool completely.
- Chop half the mangoes into bite sized pcs and mash the other half.
- Whip the cream till soft peaks form.
- Blend the cooled custard with the cream and mangoes.
- Pour into a shallow freezerproof dish (I find aluminium containers very good but you can use plastic too) and freeze till slushy.
- Remove from the freezer and beat till smooth and creamy.
- Freeze again till firm.
- Remove and beat again and then freeze again.
- Remove from the freezer and place in the refrigerator for 20 minutes before serving.
- Top with roasted flaked almonds.