Girl from India's Note:
This is a lovely handmade ice cream which has very unique taste. I guess you can make it in a ice cream maker too. But I do not have one and make ice creams manually. Freezing time not included.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 mangoes, peeled (I use alphonso)
- 420 ml thick coconut cream
- 4 tablespoons custard powder
- 280 ml fresh cream
- 8 tablespoons sugar
- roasted sliced almonds
- 1In a small bowl dissolve the custard powder in 2 to 3 tablespoons of cold water.
- 2Bring the coconut cream to a boil in a heavy bottomed pan.
- 3Now add the dissolved custard powder and stir till the mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- 4Take off the fire and cool completely.
- 5Chop half the mangoes into bite sized pcs and mash the other half.
- 6Whip the cream till soft peaks form.
- 7Blend the cooled custard with the cream and mangoes.
- 8Pour into a shallow freezerproof dish (I find aluminium containers very good but you can use plastic too) and freeze till slushy.
- 9Remove from the freezer and beat till smooth and creamy.
- 10Freeze again till firm.
- 11Remove and beat again and then freeze again.
- 12Remove from the freezer and place in the refrigerator for 20 minutes before serving.
- 13Top with roasted flaked almonds.
Browse Our Top Smoothies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mango Ice-Cream Smoothie- Thai Style
Serving Size: 1 (429 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1268.2
- Calories from Fat 1002
- Total Fat 111.4 g
- Saturated Fat 75.2 g
- Cholesterol 326.0 mg
- Sodium 158.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 56.3 g
- Protein 9.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: