Here's another ice cream recipe; I added a couple of variations that you can try. Mango ice cream is popular in Hawaii; mango sorbet is also very tasty (unfortunately, I don't have a recipe for that one - hint, hint). The time does not include freezing time.
- Beat egg whites until frothy, then gradually beat in sugar.
- Mix the mango puree with cream, then fold in egg whites.
- Churn and freeze by hand or with an ice-cream maker.
- As a variation, replace the cream with yogurt (you may need a little extra sugar).
- Another variation is to omit the egg whites; replace the mango puree with 1 pound of seeded, peeled papaya and the juice of one lime.
- Puree with one cup sugar, blend in the cream, and churn and freeze.