Mango Habanero Mojo Sauce
- 2 ripe mangoes, peeled, pitted, and roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 cup Chardonnay wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1⁄2 habanero pepper, seeded and finely minced
- In a blender, puree the mangoes, wine, and orange juice until smooth.
- Strain through a medium-fine-mesh strainer (or not) and stir in the habanero.
- Keep refrigerated until needed and then serve warm or cold.
- Note: Store this mojo in the refrigerator for no longer than 2 or 3 days. This sauce tastes best if not kept warm too long; the sweet topical flavor of the mango diminishes if it is overcooked. If you prefer a spicier sauce, add more minced chile a little at a time until hot enough.