Recipe by MacChef
This is a fabulous option to a classic! I love mangoes and decided to substitute them for tomatoes after seeing how often mangoes are used in Latin American cooking. This is a very forgiving recipe in that almost all ingredients are to taste. For a hotter result, do not seed the chilies. I have done my best to give you the way my family likes it best. This is the result!
Top Review by Mrs B
The only problem I had with this recipe was how to stop myself eating all the mango before it went in the bowl :-) The next problem was having to patience to wait for the chilling time. But the flavours developed beautifully, so it was worth the wait. I served this with chilli, warm rolls and a peppery rocket salad. Our verdict is Mango Guacamole is great, and my Mum wants the recipe too!
- 2 Hass avocadoes, cubed
- 1 ripe mangoes or 1 cup jarred mango, chopped
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 -2 clove garlic, minced
- 2 -3 jalapenos or 2 -3 serrano chilies, seeded & chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 -2 limes, juice of or 2 tablespoons lime juice
- salt and pepper