Recipe by Cynna
Lighter dessert with Japanese flavors. Better for you than green tea ice cream, if you're watching your figure. Posted for ZWT II '06
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup green tea leaves, loose
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 mangoes, ripe
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine water and tea leaves in a saucepan. Bring just to a boil, remove from heat and let steep 5 minutes.
- Strain, discarding the leaves. (Do not press leaves to extract liquid, this makes the liquid bitter.)
- Return tea to clean saucepan, add sugar and bring to a boil.
- Boil until sugar dissolves, about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and cool about 30 minutes.
- Peel mangoes and cut fruit from pit. In a food processor or blender, puree mangoes with lemon juice.
- Add tea and blend until smooth. Pour into a glass 9-inch baking dish and freeze about 3 hours.
- Transfer mango mixture to a food processor.
- Pulse until smooth, 30 to 40 seconds.
- Serve at once or store in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- Soften 10 minutes before serving.