Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A refreshing Indian dessert! Candied ginger is fresh ginger that's cooked in sugar syrup and crystallized. If you want to make your own Crystallized Ginger , Ginger Syrup & Ginger Sugar but it is easily available at most grocery stores.
- 3 eggs, separated
- 59.16 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml gelatin
- 0.25 ml saffron thread
- 236.59 ml mango puree (fresh or canned nectar)
- 2.46 ml candied ginger, finely chopped
- 118.29 ml heavy whipping cream
- mint leaf
- fresh edible flower
- Soak the gelatin and saffron in 2-3 tablespoon of warm water for 10 minutes.
- Mix the egg yolks, sugar, gelatin and saffron with 2 tablespoon of water in a bowl and place it over a double boiler and whisk continuously to make a thick custard.
- When the mixture coats the back of a spoon it is ready remove from stove.
- Cool slightly and fold in the mango puree and the candied ginger.
- Beat the egg whites in a clean dry bowl till soft peaks form and set aside.
- Whip the cream and fold into the mango mixture.
- Gently fold in egg whites carefully.
- Pipe it into pretty Champange glasses, mini tart crust or mini chocolate shell using a large 5 star nozzle.
- Garnish with mint or flowers.Serve chilled.
This makes a wonderful light dessert after a heavy meal. I don't think that I cooked the gelatin enough and therefore it was spooned into dessert dishes as well as spooned onto puff pastry baskets and then dusted with powdered sugar. The mousse did set and tasted great after being refrigerated. It is nicely flavored and the taste of the fresh mango really comes through.