Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
From the cookbook Young and Hungry by Dave Lieberman, this has a fresh and delicious taste. Enjoy!
- 1 mango
- 1⁄2 inch piece fresh ginger
- 1 (8 ounce) container vanilla yogurt
- 1 small handful ice cube (3-5)
- 1 tablespoon honey (or agave syrup or maple syrup)
- 1⁄4 cup mango nectar (or other tropical fruit nectar)
- Add the flesh of the mango to a blender. Peel ginger using the back of a spoon. Grate the ginger finely into a bowl. Use your fingers to squeeze juice out of the gratings(I just throw it all into the blender, but if you don't like the texture, go ahead and squeeze the juice out).
- Put all ingredients into the blender and blend until completely smooth.
wow oh wow this is good try this the honey with the ginger is awesome zaar world tour 8 hope you are having as much fun as i am dee
A nice way to start the day! I used kefir in place of the yogurt. Loved the ginger in this. Thanks.
Very good. One of the best dairy smoothies I've had. I loved the ginger and good quality frozen mango with the creaminess of using Balkan yogurt along with an alcohol free vanilla from the health food shop. I used raw honey, BEST brand, mango nectar and the least amount of ice cubes. It was a tad too cold. But delicious... I may make this again! Made for Please Review My Recipe ~ ~ ~ from March 10 -