1 hr 10 mins
Wendys Kitchen's Note:
From Epicurious.Could be served as a raw soup minus the prawns/shrimp. Read More http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Mango-Ginger-Curry-Soup-with-Shrimp-365934#ixzz1O0HFtaQs
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 ripe mangoes, peeled and cubed (about 1 pound each)
- 1/2 cup chopped shallot
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder (or more to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (13 5/8 ounce) can light coconut milk
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- 3 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (or more to taste)
- 1 cup cooked diced shrimp
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1Pulse mangoes, shallots, garlic, ginger, curry powder and salt in a food processor until pureed.
- 2Add coconut milk; pulse until well combined.
- 3Transfer mango mixture to a bowl; stir in coconut water and lime juice.
- 4(Thin with tap water if desired.) Cover and chill until cold, 1 hour.
- 5Divide among 4 bowls; garnish with shrimp and cilantro before serving.
Browse Our Top Tropical Fruits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tropical Fruits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mango Ginger Curry Chilled Soup With Prawns
Serving Size: 1 (204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 189.6
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 119.5 mg
- Sodium 832.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 23.2 g
- Protein 14.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
light coconut milk