Recipe by Wendy's Kitchen
From Epicurious.Could be served as a raw soup minus the prawns/shrimp. Read More http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Mango-Ginger-Curry-Soup-with-Shrimp-365934#ixzz1O0HFtaQs
- 2 ripe mangoes, peeled and cubed (about 1 pound each)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped shallot
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely grated ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder (or more to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (13 5/8 ounce) can light coconut milk
- 1⁄2 cup coconut water
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (or more to taste)
- 1 cup cooked diced shrimp
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Pulse mangoes, shallots, garlic, ginger, curry powder and salt in a food processor until pureed.
- Add coconut milk; pulse until well combined.
- Transfer mango mixture to a bowl; stir in coconut water and lime juice.
- (Thin with tap water if desired.) Cover and chill until cold, 1 hour.
- Divide among 4 bowls; garnish with shrimp and cilantro before serving.