Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A sweet and spicy garlic sauce for chicken wings.
- 2 cups mango nectar
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄3 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons habanero sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- In a medium sauce pan, reduce nectar on high heat to about 1/3 cup.
- Turn heat to low and add Tabasco sauce, corn syrup and habanero sauce.
- Mix in garlic and cook on low for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Pour over chicken wings and mix.
Wow, wow, wow. Were these babies ever hot. The tabasco sauce completely overpowered the sauce for me, the mango flavor was completely lost. I did add more corn syrup to try and minimize the heat. Loved the zing from the Habanero though. That said, when drizzled over the chicken wings, this sauce tasted pretty good. It was thick and velvety and coated them beautifully. Thank you for sharing your recipe. Made for Spring Pac 2014.