Recipe by Kozmic Blues
This is so simple and tastes wonderful. We made this for my Pampered Chef party and it was a huge hit. Don't worry if you don't have their manual food processor, which is the main tool they highlight for this recipe. I find that I can dice the fruit with my knife just fine, and it even comes out a little neater looking; The manual food processor just saves time. Please feel free to use lemon OR lime, for juice and zest. I've used both, and they both work well. Depending on the sweetness of the fruit, I add agave nectar to taste, no more than 1 tbsp usually. Serve with Stacey's cinnamon pita chips, or your own home made pita chips. This is also amazing served over ice cream! I believe 1/2 cup salsa = 2 Weight Watchers Points
- 236.59 ml strawberry, hulled and diced
- 1 kiwi, peeled and diced
- 1 mango, ripe
- 4.92 ml lime zest
- 14.79 ml lime juice
- agave nectar, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- If not using the Pampered Chef Manual Food Processor, try and chop your fruit into uniform 1/4 - 1/2" cubes.
- For the mango, I usually peel the skin off first with my vegetable peeler, and chop a small slice off the top and bottom. That way it stays flat on my board as I slice around the pit.
- The pit of the mango is large and flat. When you slice off a bit of the top and bottom, you can see its shape. I usually cut down the two wide sides of the mango first, and then carefully slice down the thinner sides to make sure I get all of the beautiful yellow mango off the pit.
- Ripe mango is very slippery, so carefully slice fruit and dice into cubes.
- Add all fruit to a large bowl.
- Add lime (or lemon) zest and juice.
- Taste, and add agave nectar, up to 1 tablespoons.
- Serve with cinnamon pita chips.