Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I just love mango and this goes together so nicely! You can use fresh or frozen mango and fresh or canned pineapple. Adding a banana is good too and makes it a smoothie! UPDATE: Due to reviews I have changed the ingredient pineapple chunks to crushed pineapple to help eliminate stringiness. :)
- 236.59 ml mango (slices, cubed or pulp)
- 566.99 g can crushed pineapple in juice (or fresh)
- 236.59 ml orange juice
- 1 banana (optional)
- lime (optional)
- Place the contents of canned pineapple(or fresh pineapple) in a blender and blend till smooth. If you want it really cold, add a few pieces of ice.
- Add the mango and orange juice, blend again till smooth(add the banana here if using).
- Pour drink in a glass. Garnish with a lime slice if desired. Enjoy!
I used crushed pineapple instead of pineapple chunks. I think this helped with the stringy texture that others experience when drinking. Made for Everyday is a Holiday Tag
Well, that is a refreshing drink! Me and my dad rated it a four- great taste, but either I didn't blend it long enough, or our blender just can't get the texture totally smooth. It has a really nice fruity flavour. I did put the banana in with it, and thought it added a really nice touch. Made for the Caribbean beverage challenge, ZWT5 on behalf of the Genies. Thanks Sharon123!!!
I made this using fresh mango and oj and homemade pineapple in syrup. DS #2 really liked it as it was, but DS #1 and I were not sure about it. Instead of drinking our portions, I froze them into pops--yummy. I want to try this using the banana, I'm pretty sure we'll like it more with it. Thank you for posting! Made for ZWT5 & Dining Daredevils.