Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A fool is a combination of fresh fruit, confectioners’ sugar and whipping cream. Serve with coconut macaroons. Recipe Source: Relish Mag
- 1 1⁄2 cups pured mangoes (2 large mangos yield 21/4 cups puree)
- 2⁄3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons rum
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream, whipped
- 3 cups chopped mangoes (4 to 5 mangoes)
- Combine mango purée, sugar, lime juice and rum. Fold in whipped cream. Place 1/4 cup chopped mango in each of 6 parfait glasses. Top with 3/4 cup mango cream mixture and 1/4 cup chopped mango. Top each with a dollop of remaining mango cream mixture.
I made this with no added sugar and used light whipped topping (the frozen kind) in place of the real whipped cream. I also used less lime juice since I was using less sugar. Any kind of liquor works. Wonderful and easy.