Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A nice light dessert
- 2 cups yogurt
- 1 (15 ounce) cansliced mangoes in syrup
- 2 mangoes, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- Place a double layer of cheese cloth in a bowl.
- Scoop the yogurt into the bowl and gather the cheesecloth up and around the yogurt.
- Wrap string around the top of the cheesecloth to close the bundle.
- Hang in the refrigerator, with a bowl underneath to catch the draining whey, for 3 to 4 hours.
- Combine the mango slices in syrup, fresh mango, lime zest and juice in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Pour the mango puree in a bowl and whisk in the strained yogurt, beating until smooth.
- Beat the whipping cream with an electric mixer until frothy.
- Add the sugar in a fine stream and continue to beat until soft peaks are formed.
- Fold the whipped cream into the mango and yogurt mixture.
- Pour the mango fool into chilled dessert dishes and refrigerate several hours before serving.