Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This dessert doesn't float, but the one eating it surely will! It is delicious and creamy. You have to use sweet ripe mangoes or you can substitute canned peaches. Very easy to make! Originally from Marriz Torres
- 3 -4 ripe mangoes
- 1 cup heavy cream, chilled
- 2⁄3 cup sweetened condensed milk, chilled
- 1⁄2 cup mashed ripe mango
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- thin slices of ripe mango
- graham cracker (or Slices of Chiffon cake)
- mango, slices
- cashew nuts (or any chopped nuts you like)
- maraschino cherry
- Blend cream and sweetened condensed milk together. Add mashed mango. Add vanilla. Set aside, preferably keeping it chilled until needed. (You may opt to use more sweetened condensed milk for a sweeter taste).
- In a square 9 x 9-inch or a rectangular 9 x 13-inch Pyrex or any transparent dish, assemble graham crackers and cream mixture by arranging the crackers on the bottom of the dish.
- Spread one third of the cream mixture, arrange some mango slices, then put another layer of the crackers. Repeat the process, ending with the cream mixture on top.
- Sprinkle with chopped nuts (optional). Garnish with more slices of mangoes or maraschino cherries for a more festive appeal.
- Chill well before serving.
The family loved this. They said it was perfect. I couldn't try it because I am allergic to mangoes :(