Recipe by Enjolinfam
One of my favorite Filipino deserts. The recipe comes from my Filipino friend and helper, Marina. This desert can be made with two layers of filling or three depending on the size of your baking pan. I usually use a smaller glass pan with more layers, because I like the layers, it fits in the refrigerator better, and with the glass you can see the pretty layers. :) Cooking time doesn't include the time to chill in the refrigerator or freezer. Serving size can vary by the size dish you use. You can use a large dish with only 1 or 2 layers and take it to a potluck to feed many or a small dish for the family. I put the serving size for a smaller dish with 3 layers.
Top Review by Anna in the Philippines
We live in the Philippines and this is my absolute favorite dessert. Very yummy and so simple! We put ours in the freezer, then it just needs a few minutes to thaw before being perfect
- 200 g graham crackers (approximately)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can Nestle cream
- 3 large mangoes
- 1 (10 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice mangoes into thin wedges.
- Combine sweetened condensed milk, nestle cream, and mango.
- Layer the graham crackers in a square glass pan or other container.
- Put on the crackers a layer of the filling of mangoes, cream, and condensed milk.
- Repeat by putting layers of graham crackers, and filling until you've used it all. It should be topped with graham crackers after the final layer.
- Put it in the refrigerator to thicken and chill overnight. You can also put this desert in the freezer and it tastes great as a frozen treat.