Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Mango rice pudding
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1⁄2 cup rice, soaked
- 1 (8 ounce) can condensed milk
- 2 mangoes (grind it to a smooth puree)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kewra essence (2 drops)
- 1⁄4 cup pistachios (soaked in water and sliced)
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- Soak rice for about 2 to 3 hours - drain and grind it to a paste.
- In a large pot add milk and half teaspoon of cardamom powder and bring it to boil.
- Let it boil for about 15 minutes.
- Add the already soaked rice paste to the milk and stir.
- let the rice cook together with the milk for 10 to 15 minutes then add the condensed milk and mix.
- Now add the mango puree to the firni and and keep stiring (you can check and adjust the sugar at this step).
- Add sugar and let it cook until you get a thick and creamy consistency.
- Transfer it to a serving bowl and chill for 3 to 4 hours.
- serve with pistachios and almond flakes.