Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A simple fruity dressing.
Make and share this Mango Dressing recipe from Food.com.
- 1 -2 cup mango pulp
- 6 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons runny honey
- 6 medium basil leaves (or Tbsp chopped fresh coriander)
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon herb-seasoned salt
- Combine in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve with any vegetable salads.
I gave this a try. It was pretty good. I used it on a simple lettuce, onion, citrus salad. I might go a little lighter on the fennel seed next time. I ground whole fennel seeds with a mortar and pistal. Pretty pronounced fennel flavor. I will make it again but will modify a bit. Thanks for sharing it. I love anything to do with mangos.
This was good and I'm glad I tried, although will change a little when making again. I used a proper balsamic vinegar and I think it took away from the colour and slightly overpowered the mango. Next time I might try 3-4 tablespoons of white rice vinegar plus after tasting maybe a tablespoon or so of sugar.