Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great fat free dip for raw fruit, grilled shrimp, chicken or pork. Or use as a spread in your favorite sandwich, wrap.....
- 2 mangoes, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon rice-wine vinegar
- 1 lime, juice
- 1 tablespoon pineapple juice
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 jalapeno, minced, optional for heat
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced optional for heat and sweetness
- 1 tablespoon fresh herb, minced (cilantro, parsley, chives..)
- Puree mangoes, honey, vinegar, lime juice, pineapple juice and salt in a food processor or blender until smooth. Add any or all of your choice of additional yummy delights. And blend till smooth and incorporated.
- Sauce can be refrigerated in an airtight glass container up to 1 day.
- Serve at room temperature with your choice of dippers.
this is delicious!! i did edit it a smidge....as posted I thought it was too sweet. I added an extra TB of vinegar & the juice of 2 limes instead of 1. I don't think the honey is necessary. I used 1 jalapeno & 1 shallot. i could have tolerated more. this is a definite keeper because it is soo easy & so versatile! made for veggie swap 6/11. thank you,Rita!!