Prep 40 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is the winning recipe in this week's Thursday magazine(dated Sept. 5-11th'2002). It was submitted by Sandhya Prasannakumar and won her 50 US Dollars! It looks "luscious" and will surely be tried by me in the coming week!
- 2 ripe mangoes, cut and mashed
- 2 bread, slices
- 250 ml mango juice
- 100 g vermicelli, cooked in water
- 50 g corn flakes (toasted)
- 1⁄4 can condensed milk
- 50 g cashews
- vanilla ice cream
- cherries, to garnish (optional)
- Cut the bread slices into cubes and toast them.
- Dip these in mango juice.
- Cut the mangoes and mash them.
- Cook the vermicelli in water.
- Take a serving bowl.
- First spread a layer of the bread slices (toasted) and soaked in mango juice.
- Add a layer of cooked vermicelli.
- Pour condensed milk to form a thin layer.
- Evenly spread the mashed mango on top of the vermicelli layer.
- Sprinkle cornflakes above this and pour condensed milk to form a thicker layer.
- Sprinkle cashewnuts and decorate with mango slices and vanilla ice-cream topped with a cherry.
- Keep the bowl, covered, in the refrigerator for about 2-3 hours.
- Serve cold!