Recipe by lisa_charli
My favorite home-made salad dressing from Jolly Bob's Jerk Joint -I finally nailed it!...or at least as close as I can get to the real thing. I went with the "lite" ingredients to try to save on fat & calories because this is lick the plate good!
- 1 medium mango, peeled pitted & chopped
- 1⁄2 cup light coconut milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups Hellmann's light mayonnaise
- 2⁄3 cup light sour cream
- 6 ounces plain yogurt (lite)
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pear (6-10 sliced shoestring slices for a garnish)
- new york brand the real texas toast sea salt & pepper seasoned croutons
- 4 -6 shrimp (1-2 lb bag cooked & peeled, cocktail shrimp for a heartier salad)
- fresh sourdough bread
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl purée a medium sized mango, that has been peeled, pitted, & chopped with coconut milk.
- Pour into a larger bowl an add remaining ingredients (mayo, cream, yogurt, curry, mustard, ginger, honey, salt & pepper).
- Purée everything together until smooth & creamy.
- Cover and chill for ½ hour or over night.
- Serve over fresh baby greens or a European salad mix with shoestrings of fresh pair, sea salt & pepper croutons and add cocktail shrimp & serve with fresh sour dough or similar bread.