Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love trying out unique types of deviled and stuffed eggs. This came about as a result of combining favorite flavors from other deviled egg recipes sampled. A note on curry powder - curry powders vary from brand to brand in intensity and blends of flavor. Consequently, you will want to adjust that ingredient to taste in order to obtain the flavor you like. I use a very strong one from the local Asian market.
- 6 large hard-boiled eggs, shelled and halved lengthwise
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon mango chutney
- 1 tablespoon green onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Scoop yolks into a bowl and mash with fork until powdery.
- Add mayonnaise, mango chutney, green onion, curry powder, and cayenne pepper, and mix well.
- Spoon or pipe filling into egg white halves.
Very nice and different with chutney and curry.
What a delightful & different deviled egg! I used How to Make Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs to boil the eggs. We loved the flavors in these. I plan to offer a tray of mixed flavors of deviled eggs to Thanksgiving & these will definitely be on the tray. Thank you so much for sharing the recipe!
We love eggs with curry, so this was perfect! Used home made mayonnaise and hot madras curry powder and took another reviewer's advice to let them sit for some time before serving. Will make this again, it's such an easy but special appetizer. Thanks for posting! Made for Ramadan Tag 2010.