Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A cool lunch over a bed of greens. Prep time assumes your chicken is already cooked and cooled.
Make and share this Mango Curry Chicken Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs cooked chicken breasts, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 2 mangoes, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup coarsley chopped cashews
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2⁄3 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl and gently toss to mix/coat well.
- Chill about 1 hour before serving.
- Garnish with extra cilantro, if desired.
Yummy, yummy, yummy. Apples and raisins would be a good substitute if you don't have mangos on hand
I made this as posted, with the higher amount of curry. Next time I make it, I will use regular mayo, and increase the curry. I also think I might add some dried cranberries, as another reviewer suggested....a little color in the mix would be good. Overall, this is a very nice chicken salad. It will be much appreciated at work tomorrow! Thanks for posting...made for Family Favorites, ZWT5.
Can we say, "Heaven in a spoonful?" Yum. I was unable to let this chill an hour before consuming a big portion of it. :) I had had a mango curry chicken salad from the Whole Foods deli. It was outrageously good. Next time I went to Whole Foods, of course, it was not to be seen. So I looked up a recipe. This sounded pretty close. And it is. Yay! (Much more cost effective to make my own, especially at the rate I eat it up!) The only changes I made were to up the curry, use fully fatted mayo and sour cream and add dried cranberries. (I didn't measure how much chicken I used, so upping the curry may have been necessary only because of the amount of chicken I used. I'm not sure.) I'll definitely be enjoying this regularly. Thanks so much for posting it.