Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
From Dream Dinners cookbook - a great dump recipe! Serve with rice and sprinkle with cashew nuts and fresh cilantro.
- 1⁄2 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into thirds
- 7 1⁄2 ounces diced tomatoes with juice (1/2 a can)
- 1⁄2 cup mango chutney, store bought
- chopped cashews (optional)
- chopped cilantro (optional)
- Combine all ingredients into crock pot, stir to mix well.
- Cook in crock pot 4 hours on low. Or, cook in a skillet over medium heat 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 c chopped cashews and 1/4 c chopped fresh cilantro if desired.
- To freeze: place all ingredients in ziploc bag, mix well, and freeze. Thaw before cooking as directed above.
I didn't make this OAMC, but in the crock. It was good and different. THanks.
I actually cooked this on low all day with bone-in. My house smelled so wonderful! It was full of flavor. My hubby asked why I didn't make more...