Recipe by justcallmetoni
I found this recipe in a circular a long time ago and have adapted it over time. Can’t remember which part of it is part of the original and what parts are my additions. This is a quick and easy side that perks up a basic grilled chicken breast or as a companion to tortilla chips. Sometimes I will top a bed of greens with leftover grilled chicken and this salsa for an easy and flavorful lunch.
Top Review by helowy
This was very easy to throw together. I followed the recipe exactly except that I used about half a sweet red pepper and a little less than half a jalapeno. Served it with tortilla "scoops". Everyone (15 of us) thought it was yummy! Made for Zaar World Tour III.
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced into 1/4 cubes
- 1 mango, peeled and diced into 1/4 cubes
- 4 tablespoons red onions, finely diced
- 1 lime, juice of, only
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rice wine vinegar or 1⁄2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1⁄2 jalapeno, very finely minced
- 2 -3 slices sweet red peppers, diced into 1/4 inch pieces (optional)