I found this recipe in a circular a long time ago and have adapted it over time. Can’t remember which part of it is part of the original and what parts are my additions. This is a quick and easy side that perks up a basic grilled chicken breast or as a companion to tortilla chips. Sometimes I will top a bed of greens with leftover grilled chicken and this salsa for an easy and flavorful lunch.
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced into 1/4 cubes
- 1 mango, peeled and diced into 1/4 cubes
- 4 tablespoons red onions, finely diced
- 1 lime, juice of, only
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rice wine vinegar or 1⁄2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1⁄2 jalapeno, very finely minced
- 2 -3 slices sweet red peppers, diced into 1/4 inch pieces (optional)
- Mix all ingredients together and let sit in fridge for an 30 minutes or more. This will keep one or two days if it lasts that long.
- I like to add the red pepper -- mostly for color. It just looks so lovely with the bright orange of the mango.