Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Cooking Light, AUGUST 2004
- 4 cups diagonally cut thinly sliced seeded peeled cucumbers (about 2 medium)
- 2 cups thinly sliced peeled mangoes (about 2 medium)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl; toss gently.
- Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
A refreshing side dish for the summer. The flavors blended very well. I would also recommend, making a couple hours before serving, and place in the fridge.
Delightful Summer salad enjoyed on a hot day with a beer ;) The Hispanic women sell mangoes & cucumbers with cayenne at the end of my block but I've never put them together into a salad before for some reason. Great complement of textures. This gets even better a few hours later from making it as well. I used Haitian Honey mangoes. Will definitely add this to my usual summer rotation! Thanks for posting! [Made & Reviewed for Unrated Asian Recipe Tag]