I adapted this heavily from a recipe in the July/August 2011 issue of Food Network Magazine. I thought I made enough changes to warrant calling it a new recipe, and it came out great. Hope you enjoy!
- 1⁄2 cup whole rice
- 1⁄4 black wild rice
- finely grated zest and juice from one large lime
- 1 tablespoon soy oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Splenda sugar substitute
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup diced mango (one medium sized)
- 1⁄2 cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup basil, thinly sliced (chiffonade)
- 1⁄4 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- In a small pan, boil water. Salt and add both rices and mix well. Cook according to directions until just cooked. Remove from heat and rinse.
- Mix lime zest, juice, oil, Splenda, salt and pepper to make vinegrette.
- In medium bowl combine mango, cucumber, scallions, basil, rice, and peanuts. Toss with vinegrette, chill, serve and ENJOY!