Recipe by princess7
For all the mango lovers out there
Top Review by FLKeysJen
One of the best desserts I've made...this was superb hot out of the oven with vanilla frozen yogurt, and also a treat warmed up in the microwave for breakfast. It makes a lot so smaller families may want to consider a half recipe in a square brownie pan. Extremely fresh mangoes and macadamias made this extra good - if using fresh fruit, avoid the fibery strings.
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (12 ounce) can mango nectar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 8 cups chunks peeled mangoes, fresh,1 inch chunks (7 to 8 lb. total or thawed frozen 2 1/2 to 3 lb. total)
- 1 1⁄2 cups regular rolled oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup roasted macadamia nuts or 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄4 lb butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 3- to 4-quart pan, mix sugar and cornstarch.
- Add mango nectar and stir until blended.
- Stir over high heat until mixture comes to a boil, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and mix in lemon peel and juice.
- Add mangoes and stir gently to coat.
- Pour into a shallow 2 1/2- to 3-quart baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix oats, flour, nuts, ginger, and salt.
- Add syrup and butter and mix until blended.
- Distribute mixture evenly over mangoes.
- Set dish in a foil-lined 10- by 15-inch baking pan.
- Bake in a 375° oven until topping is golden brown, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Serve warm or cool.